Thursday, September 6, 2007

Thing 23 - Final Thoughts

I have enjoyed taking part in the 23 Things training. There are several things I found during the training that I will continue to use. I go to my igoogle page regularly and enjoy reading the articles on my google reader. Everyone should sign up for the Boing Boing feed. It's great. I was happy to have a reason to revisit Pandora radio and will keep listening to my Bowling For Soup station I set up. I love Library Thing and would like to say I will use it to keep a record of what I read, but I will likely keep using my notebook I've had for years instead. Even though I will never listen to an audio book, I'm glad I went through the process of downloading one so I will have firsthand knowledge of what our customers are experiencing.

Some of things I did were fun, but not something I would ever use again. While my meez is almost as good looking as the real me, I can't see ever using him in real life. I still don't see the use for a Rollyo search and don't bookmark enough to have a need for del.icio.us. Still, I am happy to have had the experience with using them.

I think my favorite part of the process has been reading the blogs of my coworkers. It is always helpful to read of other's experiences. I always learn something new from that. I just don't like discovering that my blog was much more boring than other people's, but I believe I did mention the likelihood of boring posts when I began, so you were warned.

I would definitely take part in another training like this if offered. I enjoy the independent learning because I can even do it when I am in jail.

2 comments:

rosierivets said...

If you would have just used the words "while I'm in jail" more often in your blog, it would have been much more exciting.

Edward C. Foster said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.